Transitions is a year-long programme of targeted professional development support for the Welsh circus sector.
Through providing opportunities, training and mentoring at critical points of professional transition, NoFit State aim to support Welsh circus artists, teachers and emergent companies to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to realise their creative ambitions.
The project will provide targeted support for three areas of practice:
• Young artists and graduates
• Emergent artists and new companies
• Circus teachers
Details of the full programme will be launched in September 2018
Young Artist Transitions Project Call Out
The Young Artist Transitions Project is aimed specifically at Welsh youth circus graduates and young artists living, studying or working in Wales, who wish to pursue a professional career in circus.
The Young Artist Transitions Project aims to bridge the gap between graduating from youth circus and the next steps of your career progression. Whether it means securing a place in a circus school in the UK, Europe or further afield or by continuing independent training.
To be eligible to participate you must fit the following criteria:
• Age 18-25 years old
• Have been part of a youth circus group at any point in the past
• Can demonstrate a strong connection with Wales (such as residency or attendance to a Welsh youth Circus)
• Are serious about pursuing a career in circus and would benefit from the support offered by Young Artist Transitions Project
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 24 August 2018