AUDITION FOR MALE CIRCUS ARTIST & DANCERS IN DECEMBER 2019
A male circus artist with parkour, acrobatic and dance/movement skills to join the cast for BLOCK, our incredible dance-circus collaboration with Motionhouse. Other requirements include:
- Excellent fitness, stamina and strength
- Courage and willingness to experiment
- Strong sense of performance and theatricality
- A good team player with a strong work ethic
- Ability to cope with a busy schedule
- Permission to work legally in the UK with relevant visas or work permits
- For projects and tours in Spring and Summer 2020
- Willingness to be out on the road touring and to relocate for several weeks at a time for a residency performance project in West Wales.
How to apply for the male circus artist role: Submit your CV and Showreel to [email protected] before midnight on 24 November to be selected to attend the audition.
Auditions for all roles will take place on 7th December with recall on the 8th December at the Motionhouse rehearsal space in the Vitsoe building in Leamington Spa. You must be available for both days. You will be sent more detailed information and a schedule once you have submitted your application.
Chief Merchant- LEXICON
This is a new role within our tented touring company and has been created to develop our Front of House sales operation (Bar, Café, Merchandise). By creating a new position with overarching responsibilities, we are looking to:
- Ensure a clear strategic focus for our FOH sales whilst upholding our policy of fair trade, ethically sourced products and ethical suppliers.
- Maximise the scope and ambition of our public offer whilst maintaining the welcoming, friendly, and positive experience for audiences before and after the performance and during the interval.
- Significantly increase both earned income and gross profits whilst maintaining the company’s commitment to quality and good value.
The post holder will work along-side the Tour Manager and Artistic Director to develop an enhanced retail strategy with clear income targets.
If you wish to apply for this post, please complete the Application Form, Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and send together with a covering letter and a copy of your CV to: [email protected]
transitions: call out for mentors
As part of the Part of the Transitions Project, a professional development programme run by NoFit State Circus and funded by the Arts Council of Wales, we are looking to create a pool of experienced individuals from across the sector who can offer one-to-one guidance and support to individuals as part of the mentoring programme.
What do you need to be a mentor?
- You do not have to have been a mentor before, though this is welcome
- You must be confident in your professional experience
- Have worked in or with circus in the past or have a strong understanding of the needs and challenges of the sector
- You must be able to listen and offer advice and guidance to support an individual’s professional journey
What we are looking for?
A wide range of individuals with varied experience; from making work to managing projects, from running companies to putting on street shows – all experience is valuable and can help someone else to navigate the next steps in their career.
You do not have to be based in Wales, but you must be flexible and available to support Welsh-based mentees.
What you get out of it?
Being a mentor gives you the chance to share the experience you have built up and help circus artists, teachers and practitioners to develop and find new ways of working.
It can be hugely rewarding and has the potential to make a real impact in the development for the Welsh circus sector.
Mentors will be paid £20 an hour for direct mentoring contact time.
How to apply?
To apply to be a mentor, you need to complete this simple form
If you have any questions about applying to be a mentor, please contact [email protected]
If you are interested in having a mentor, or the wider opportunities available as part of the Transitions programme, visit the Transitions project page.